Thursday, October 15, 2015

Austin 7



I woke up to a beautiful morning. From our bedroom window we had a clear view of Dunnet Head. It was hard to believe that this would be the last day of my trip as it doesn't feel like I have been on the road for seven weeks.
We stayed at The Hawthorns for the night I think it is the best bed and breakfast I have ever stayed in. Sadly Teresa and Andy are selling it, but on the plus side they are opening a Bistro in John O’Groats and the toilets there will be Twinned, which is one of the things that has helped to make the end of my trip very special.
So it was with mixed feelings that I set off for the last seven miles to John O’Groats, I wanted to make the most of every moment. I could have finished the ride the evening before but it had been very grey and dull. The sun was now shining and the sky was clear blue and I was glad I had waited. The road was quiet and flat and it wasn't long before I arrived at John O’Groats. After the obligatory photos by the John O’Groats sign I went into the Tourist Information to have my sheet stamped so I could register for the End to Enders club. We then found the unit that would be the Bistro with a Twinned toilet. There was still a lot of work to be done before it opens next Easter, but if it's as good as the Hawthorns it will be the best eatery at John O’Groats by far!
Teresa's camper van


Duncansby Head is about 3 miles further east than John o Groats so I had decided that that was where I would end my ride. It was along a single track road which went down a hill before the very last hill of the ride came into sight. It was with great sadness that I then dismantled my bike and loaded it into the car for the journey home.
Once everything was packed into the car we went to talk to a family who were at Duncansby Head in their Austin 7 Chummy. I would like to thank them for making the end of my trip very memorable.
Although I have now finished the ride I will be posting one more blog in a day or two with a few facts that might be of interest and of course the number of toilets that I have managed to twin.

9 comments:

  1. A massive well done. Thank you for sharing your journey and the great photos. Hope you have your feet up! Looking forward to hearing the grand total. Love from Gerry x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done Mally. Was lovely to meet you and thank you for your kind words. Looking forward to seeing you tucking into a STACKS meal next year. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing woman!! What a way to celebrate turning 60. Memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Many many congratulations Mally - what a fantastic journey and achievement, you are amazing. With much love :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

  9. http://quantumvisionsystemreview.com/fighter-abs-2-0-review/



    http://nomorefakereviews.ning.com/articles/fighter-abs-2-0-book-review

    The digital health technologies is an effort to bring a change in the medical world, with various apps available on mobile now anyone can call for medical help from anywhere and at any given point of time. Various start ups are constantly working towards the benefits of digital health and doing their best to reach out to maximum number of people.

    ReplyDelete