Sunday, October 11, 2015

Taking it Easy in Inverness



Day 43 Inverness - a day off - 9th October

Elizabeth had kindly let me stay with her for two nights so I could have my last day off. This allowed me to do my washing and sort out a couple of things on the bike and then just relax.
Inverness
I had arranged to meet Sheila, who had recently moved to Inverness from Mull. We spent the whole day together, after coffee we went and found a cycle shop. I wanted to buy some covers for my cycle shoes as my feet had got very cold the previous day. We went for lunch at the Velocity café, a cycle workshop café which served excellent vegetarian food and also had a good choice of dairy free food, and a workshop that cyclists could use.
Shelia took me for a drive to her new home and then kindly drove me back to Elisabeth's house along part of the following days route.
I then had a relaxing evening watching a film with Elizabeth and her son Benedict (I did manage to stay awake for the whole film).
Uni cycle used to cycle Lands End to John O'Groats
Tomorrow (10th October) Richard will be joining me for the last few days. If all goes well I should reach Dunnet Head and John o Groats by next Wednesday. It is hard to believe that I have cycled so many miles. I hadn’t looked at the journey as a whole, just taking one day at a time. Each morning I look at the map and highlight my route for the day, so it has never seemed daunting as it was always only a days ride. It surprises me every time I look at a map and see where I have been and the miles I have covered.
I am not certain at the moment exactly how near my target of 60 toilet I am but I think it is in the region of 45. Thank you to everyone who has supported me I couldn't have got this far without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment