Sunday, August 16, 2015

Where does time go?



It's a week since I last posted, so high time I told you what has been going on. The days have been passing with such speed that it's hard to remember what has been happening.

I have continued to go out on my bike most days, but as I had a stand at the Salen show last Thursday selling my baskets, time has been  a bit limited. The show day was the first day of real sunshine we have had for sometime and we were all thankful for that as the ground was already quite muddy.

Once the show was over it was time to do some serious rides, so I was thankful when Saturday dawned bright and dry for my ride around part of the island. I left home around 8.30 and headed north for Salen, the wind was against me most of the way so by the time I arrived in Salen it was definitely time for coffee, although I did have to wait for them to open. Once refreshed I headed towards Gruline and Knock. As I approached Loch na Keal I was joined by a fellow cyclist, Stuart, who was heading to Iona, so we cycled together for a few miles until I stopped at a friends for a cup of tea. As I had enjoyed a leisurely cup of tea I was surprise to meet up with Stuart again a few miles further on (he had stopped for lunch and a nap), so we cycled together again for another couple of miles.

We parted company at the junction and I headed very slowly up Glen More, and was thankful when I arrived at the top! Which was followed by some lovely downhill runs. I arrived home safety at about 5pm having cycled 50.5 miles.

The ride wasn't totally without injury, I managed to split my lip whilst having a drink from my water bottle!

3 comments:

  1. Keep it up Mally! Good to see you out training today in the Glen today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping to catch up with you in Devon (or Cornwall) Mally - I've arranged to visit my friend from 27th (hoping to arrive mid-morning) to 30th (late afternoon/early evening). We would love to meet you, where-ever you may be around lunch/tea/evening.............and who knows breakfast to wave you off on your days journey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not long now Mally & I've finally worked out how to do this! Looking forward to seeing how you're getting on :-) x

    ReplyDelete