Monday, August 10, 2015

It's Better By Bike


Training is back on track and I've been out on my bike every day, doing approximately 15 miles each time. The plan was to cycle every day gradually increasing the mileage with at least two longer rides each week. Today Sunday my intention was to cycle to Salen, go to the church service and then return home again, about 30 miles in all. I had been keeping an eye on the weather but by Saturday night it wasn’t looking good. I woke up at about 7am to the sound of wind and rain, and my resolve to ride rapidly disappearing. Maybe I would go to Salen but take the car instead! That was until Richard said he needed the car.

One last look at the weather, and it still looked bad but wasn't raining, so I'd go by bike. The ride there shouldn't be too bad as I would have a tail wind and the journey home could take care of itself. It turned out to be a good ride and nowhere near as bad as I had expected. As I rode home in the pouring rain I passed runners coming towards me doing a half marathon and I just kept thinking, 'It's better on a Bike!'

2 comments:

  1. Well done! And good luck with your planned practice ride tomorrow. Looks like it should be a dry day, and even a little warm! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ride there mustn't be too bad as I would've a tail wind and the journey home could manage itself. It turned out becoming a good ride and nowhere near as bad when i had expected.
    More Information

    ReplyDelete