Sunday, August 30, 2015

Them wasps....


Day 3 Saturday 29th August
Thank you to Jude and Phil for letting me stay the night in your home and making me so welcome.
The loo in Trelissick
Only a short distance today to my next bed for the night so I decided to take a detour via a cycle trail that run alongside a creek. It was great to be cycling on the flat and I saw many other cyclists, although none of them had a load like mine.
I found a nice spot to stop and have a cup of tea, but as soon as I started to eat an apple I was surrounded by wasps, so I had to abandon the apple and continue on my way.
Visited Trelissick house in the hope of finding a tea room where I could have some lunch. Unfortunately there was nothing dairy free so I ended up with a boring black coffee while everyone around me ate bowls of soup and lovely cakes.
Come to Good Quaker Meeting House
I then headed for Come to Good where there is a Quaker Meeting House. It is a beautiful old thatched building and so peaceful after the busyness of Trilissik House.
From Come to Good it was only a short ride and a long push to Bridget's house where I would be staying for the night.
After a very welcome cup of tea and a long natter, Bridget kindly put my washing in the machine and made me some supper while I checked my route for the next day and caught up with some emails.


Come to Good Quaker Meeting House
Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment