Saturday, August 29, 2015

Cath and Lynn


Day 2
After another fine breakfast I left Penzance and headed for Lizard Point. For the first two and a half miles I cycled along the sea wall around Mount Bay with good views of St Michael's Mount. Once at Marazion I joined the A394 for eight miles to Heston. This was a fast and busy road and only when I passed through the villages did the traffic slow down. I joined the A3083 at Heston which would take me for ten miles down to Lizard Point. This was another busy road but at least the first three miles had a cycle path.
As it was too hot to wear my high vis jacket I decided to attach it to my bags so I would be clearly visible. I found a suitable drain cover where I could stand my bike and started to sort the jacket out, before long could feel something crawling on my legs and looked down to see I was standing on an ant's nest and my feet were covered with ant's!!!
I arrived at Lizard Point and pushed my bike down the cliff path where I met Cath (my sister) and her friend Lynn. After I’d had my End to End sheet stamped we found a spot to sit and have lunch.
I was able to take a much quieter route for the next few miles and it was lovely to cycle across  moorland with far reaching views. I met up with Cath and Lynn again at Gweek for a cup of tea and then continued for the final few miles to Carnkie and a bed for the night.
Lizard Point

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! It's so nice to hear from your blog! I'm glad you've had a good beginning. Hope you have a good weekend too xxx

    ReplyDelete