Friday, September 18, 2015

Time to relax



Day 20 Fakenham to Kings Lynn 27.26 miles
Mairi on Teri and Brian's new extension
I had a lovely day off. Having sorted out my washing and beds for the next few days there was some time to relax. Teri, Mairi and Matilda took me out for a hot chocolate. All I know is that the place was called Back to the Garden and it took us about 20 minutes to get there by the car. As well as the coffee shop there was a lovely farm shop where we bought some lunch and I bought a very expensive tub of dairy free ice cream (which was worth every penny).
A thing that nobody should be without
After Mairi and Matilda left, I enjoyed a snooze and then Teri and I went in to Fakenham so I could get a few bits of shopping. I then went to join the Mairi and the family for supper.
I had been watching the weather as it was promising to be bad for the next few days and I was wondering about taking another day off. Thursday forecast was for westerly winds which would make cycling 60 miles over the fens very tiring. I made the decision for a short day on Wednesday to Kings Lynn which would cut the Thursday ride down to about 40 miles which seemed more manageable.
Bike park
Fran and Mark who live in Kings Lynn kindly agreed to host me for the night. So Wednesday was a very leisurely ride, and a beautiful day nothing like what had been forecast.
It was very fortuitous that I was to spend the night here, as Fran had seen the blog about my desire to have some lower gears fitted to the bike. Only a few doors down there was a bike shop, and having spoken to Tony I took the decision to go ahead. Hopefully as I write this they are being fitted and I should soon be on the road again with lower gears that will make the hills more manageable.

You can donate to Toilet Twinning by clicking here

4 comments:

  1. What is that 'thing that no-one should be without'? Or where is it? It looks like a fish smoking contraption.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thing nobody should be without is a sculpture of herrings being smoked. It's by the river in the old part of Kings Lynn and is lovely, sadly it was very difficult to get a picture of.

      Delete
    2. Thing nobody should be without is a sculpture of herrings being smoked. It's by the river in the old part of Kings Lynn and is lovely, sadly it was very difficult to get a picture of.

      Delete
  2. Hey! I was pretty much right! I haven't been down there for years, I must get down there again. X

    ReplyDelete