Sunday, September 6, 2015

What? No coffee!

Day 7. Exeter to Taunton
Do It Yourself Coffee
I left Exeter along cycle paths which should have been easy and they probably are if you know where you’re going. I knew I was heading for Taunton but had get out of the city first. After about an hour I reached the countryside.
Once on my way I finally started to enjoy the ride and decided to stop for coffee in Cullompton,  but as there where no coffee shops I had to resort to the flask. Refreshed I headed on.
I dropped down a long hill into Taunton and according to Google maps it should have been easy to find Sara’s house (my Warm Showers host). Having asked  a post man who sent me around the houses I asked a man with a phone and it wasn't long before I arrived at Sara’s house, parked the bike and had a nice cup of hot tea in my hand.
Sara and Moss
We had a lovely evening and I heard all about Sara's travels on her bike, far more adventurous than mine (maybe next year!)
Once again I was provided with a lovely meal and spent a little time catching up with emails and sorting the next days route. Sara was a great help and provided me with a cycle route map of Taunton and showed me a good route to cycle to Bath my next destination.

1 comment:

  1. I've been sharing your blog with Dad tonight. He's enjoyed hearing about your travels although regrets not being able to see the photos or make comments on his own. He said he's happy that you are enjoying your trip and meeting interesting and friendly people. Who knows maybe I could bring him to meet you for lunch one day when you are a reasonable distance from here :-)

    ReplyDelete